|EU user consent controls and Restricted data processing (CCPA) settings in AdSense provide a variety of options for enabling non-personalised ads and restricted data processing ads configurations.
|Beginning on January 20, 2022, Google will start sending bid requests for non-personalised and restricted data processing ad requests to third-party bidders that participate in Google’s unified auction. To preserve user privacy, user identifiers will be dropped from the bid requests.
|What does this rollout mean for your ad monetisation?
|Starting in January, your UI settings relating to CCPA and GDPR will apply to non-personalised and Restricted data processing bid requests to third party bidders. This means that when non-personalised ads or Restricted data processing is selected:
|• Bid requests will be sent to third party bidders, including for users in the EEA/UK, Brazil and CA, as determined by any applicable vendor selections in the AdSense account:
○ For CA requests, you can select CCPA eligible bidders in your CCPA settings tab (Privacy & messaging > CCPA > Settings)
○ For EEA and UK requests, you can select ad technology providers in your GDPR tab (Privacy & messaging > GDPR > Settings)
○ For BR requests, bid requests will be sent to eligible LGPD bidders
○ Individual ad requests tagged as RDP or NPA outside of the above regions will be sent to all bidders, subject to other protections.
• Bid requests sent to third party bidders will be labelled with appropriate privacy signals and user identifiers will be removed
|More information on AdSense non-personalised advertising settings can be found here. Please review your vendor selections.
|Yours sincerely, The Google AdSense Team
Tuesday, March 05, 2024